NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING
Plan now to attend our next
Monthly Neighborhood Association Meeting
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Manzano del Sol Village
5201 Roma NE
Our meeting will be held in the activities room just west off the main dining room
Join us for a regular business meeting where discussion of topics of importance to our neighborhood will take place.
Important new information:
NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR HBANA
Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Questions?
Contact us at our new address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates for 2018
2018 Meeting Dates
September 6 (Date Change)
September 23 (Tentative Date for Annual Meeting)
December - No Meeting
HBANA NEIGHBORHOOD SIGN ON CENTRAL AVENUE
Your neighborhood association has a dedicated committee working with the City of Albuquerque and the County to have a large and attractive sign placed on Central Avenue which will welcome folks to the Highland District. There are many hoops through which we have to jump, but progress is being made. Keep an eye out for this sign which will most likely be near the Central and Monroe intersection.
Are you interested in Zia Park improvements?
Read on …..
The Highland Business and Neighborhood Association’s (HBANA) number one goal for 2016 is enhancement of Zia Park. If you are interested in being involved, contact Olivia at hbana.org.
So far, HBANA has accomplished:
- Meetings with representatives from ABQ Parks and Recreation
- Planting of four new trees & removal of 2 damaged cottonwoods
- Initiated the placement of Mutt Mitt Stations
- Refilling of Mutt Mitt stations by volunteers
- Replacement of basketball nets---thank you Carlos!
- Held Board meetings with new Councilman Pat Davis regarding HBANA goals
- Repainting of the meditation maze
- Installation of a "Little Library" with books to read for all ages
- Resurfacing of Zia’s track
- New benches and tables
- Night lighting—security
- More mutt mitt stations
- Scheduled park events, summer movies, concerts, arts and crafts fairs
JOIN IN AND BE PART OF THE SOLUTION AND MAKE ZIA PARK A SAFER, CLEANER, AND MORE ATTRACTIVE ENVIRONMENT