Minutes - August 10, 2017
Attending: Barb Villa, Olivia Jaramillo, and Rob Cronin Omar Carol Jacobson. Lori Bachman and Katy Sanchez of the Coral Community Charter School
Lori and Katy from Coral Community Charter School (elementary) at Adams and Silver indicated they would like to become involved with the HBANA Board and see if there might be some synergies with the NA and the School. The School has power session that might be area of interaction.
Meeting convened at 6:40 pm.
Approval of June meeting minutes - Mark
Minutes of the June board meeting were reviewed. Minutes were approved.
Approval of Treasurer’s Report- Omar
The following is the Treasurer report for July 2017:
Beginning balance - $4,946.14
Deposits - $0.00
Withdrawals - $31.66 (NNO expenditures)
Ending Balance - $4,914.48
Payments to Focus Ink for signs ($322.20) and to Kona Ice for ice cream ($162.00) will be seen in the August report.
ZHE – 7-11 liquor zoning special exception – Rob/all
The BOA granted appeal overturned the ZHE decision to deny the Special Exception request by the 7-11 at the corner of Washington and Lomas. So as it stands now the 7-11 will be allowed to sell package liquor for offsite consumption. There is a 15 day period in which this decision can be appealed.
HBANA board voted in favor (unanimous) of appeal of BOA decision. Also voted to contribute $100 to the Appeal effort.
Rob and Barb will coordinate with the No Alcohol team
National Night Out - Olivia
National date was Tuesday, August 1, 2017, weather was great and it was a great success!
About 70 people there, families and kids,
Only had APS police, no APD and no AFD.
No local politicians
Some ideas to try next time:
Prizes must be present to win don’t need phone address on raffle ticket.
Advertising, we had 9 yard signs, no Facebook and website, nextdoor.com.
Did not do flyers door to door. (maybe want to do flyers once per year….)
Future idea, partner with local orgs, schools, church,
Got email address list Have Mark be the keeper of an email list, continue that at the annual meeting.
Mark keep email list of residents and send out notices (in frequently, large events like annual meeting etc.)
Neighborhood Crime update Rob
The Southeast Area Command Officer Appreciation will be held on Friday, September 29 from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM at the Phil Chacon Memorial Substation, 800 Louisiana SE
The board voted to donate $200 to this,
Olivia and Rob to try to work it again, others interested?
The SE command has a “new” effort to partner with the communities called PACT (Police And Communities Together). Officer Legendre is the main SE command contact and he has already connected with our Highland Business group as well as several others along Central. The Highland Business group will be meeting again on August 30.
Rob connected with Caroline M from the Mile High NA. She has been a block captain for over 10 years and by coordinating with neighbors has established a robust Neighborhood Watch for several blocks and seen a significant decrease in unwanted activity. Her’s is a success story and she is quite willing to share her learning.
Rob to donate $200 to officer appreciation event in September
HBANA Annual Meeting - Rob
Annual meeting Sept 24 St Timothy’s meeting from 3-4:30,
Agenda (Rob coordinate):
Election of officers
Maggie Hart Stebbins
Omar make sign in sheet and membership forms
Need to have flyers to hand out for annual meeting
Draft newsletter, Olivia will draft, front and back to announce and newsletter, get it together by Sept 7.
Coffee and cookies
Rob Organize agenda
Omar organize sign in sheet and welcome table
Olivia will organize newsletter and meeting notice flyer.
HBANA Neighborhood Sign Update - Barb
Anna will be unable to continue to be our leader for the sign effort. Barb will pick up leadership on this.
Round Table Sharing - All
Zia Parks rumors, fencing around the park? From Sean, close the school considering closing park from dusk to dawn. Rob to send a note to the principal of Zia School, reach out to her, and bring up any changes to Zia Park.
Good bye to Anne Hubbard. She will be moving out of state. Anne thanks for all the help over the years!
We are looking for a VP candidate. Omer will contact Clark Brown and hopefully he can fill it.
Dist. 6 coalition new president wants to meet monthly. We will see where this goes.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
September 7, 2017, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Location: Manzano del Sol Hobby Room